- Bachelor or master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- 8+ years of total IT and Database Administration experience with at least 2+ years in developing, tuning, optimizing, deploying and supporting MySQL instances in a high volume transactional environment with critical uptime requirements for a business providing 24/7 SaaS and/or e-commerce solutions.
· Must have configured and managed online backup technologies in MySQL and ensure disaster recovery and data retention protocols (backup, monitoring, security, installation).
· Knowledge of any NoSQL DB technology such as Cassandra, Mongo is a big plus.
· Software development experience OR System Administration experience is a big plus.
· Proficiency in working with AWS Technologies or in other Cloud offerings is a big plus.
· Experience working in a DevOps model with such technologies as Gitlab, Chef, Terraform, Kubernetes, etc. is a big plus.
· Excellent troubleshooting and performance tuning skills.
· Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, conflict resolution, customer service skills and problem-solving skills.
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively and cost efficiently in a fast-paced, high volume, deadline-driven environment, with the ability to multitask and prioritize tasks.
· Self Motivated and Demonstrated ability to work in a sourced model using the onsite/offshore model
· Strong experience with programming in either Python, Ruby, PERL or Shell scripting is essential.
· Professionalism in dealing with all levels of management and staff.…and, in general, the potential to sweep us off our feet!